[thelist] First stab at AJAX

Casey Crookston caseyc at IntelliSoftmn.com
Thu Jul 5 16:34:12 CDT 2007

Well, I'm breaking new ground here....

I've downloaded and installed (at least I think I have) the AJAX ASP.NET
Extensions v1.0.  I'm trying to create my first AJAX enabled page via
this tutorial:
http://ajax.asp.net/docs/tutorials/IntroductionUpdatePanel.aspx

Only thing is, it doesn't work.  L  I worked past a few errors and got
to the point where I have no errors at compile or run time, but, when
the page should refresh a control without refreshing the entire page...
well, it refreshes the entire page.

To head off possible suggestions, I've included this in my web.config
file:

<pages>

      <controls>

        <add tagPrefix="asp" namespace="System.Web.UI"
assembly="System.Web.Extensions, Version=1.0.61025.0, Culture=neutral,
PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35"/>

      </controls>

</pages>

And here's the source for my test page:

<%@ Page Language="VB" AutoEventWireup="false" CodeFile="ajax.aspx.vb"
Inherits="ajax" %>

<head runat="server">

    <title>Untitled Page</title>

</head>

    <form id="form1" runat="server">

        <asp:ScriptManager ID="ScriptManager1" runat="server />

        <asp:UpdatePanel ID="UpdatePanel1" runat="server">

            <ContentTemplate>

                <asp:Calendar ID="Calendar1"
runat="server"></asp:Calendar>

            </ContentTemplate>

        </asp:UpdatePanel>

        <asp:Calendar ID="Calendar2" runat="server"></asp:Calendar>

    </form>

Is there something else I am missing?  Thanks,

Casey