[thelist] Vista font sizes in CSS

Adrian Simmons adrinux at perlucida.com
Fri Jul 6 04:29:58 CDT 2007

Mark Howells wrote:
> That is what the use of conditional comments is: browser detection!
At's hardly the same as the huge amount of code needed to accurately* detect
browser versions. And you're not really 'detecting' anything with a CC, just
directing a specific set of browsers to download an extra stylesheet or
whatever.

> like * html for IE6 - is also "browser detection".
You might be able to draw some loose conceptual similarities but the
practical differences are huge.

* I use this word very loosely in this context!

--
Adrian Simmons (aka adrinux) <http://perlucida.com>
e-mail <mailto:adrinux at perlucida.com>