[thelist] (asp.net 1.1) Application Path weirdness

Anthony Baratta anthony at baratta.com
Fri Jul 6 12:56:21 CDT 2007

I'm assuming the / in front of the ? is a typo.

ApplicationPath is just that, where you have the dotNet Application root. One your local PC, that will be /somedir/file.ext, because the local IIS service can only have one virtual directory and that forces you do work in a sub-directory. I'm guessing that your remote server has only the ASPX code in it directly and not within a sub-directory - hence the lack of a path.

That said, just putting the Application Path will not give you the server name. So you should have that too as part of your out put:

"http://" &
HttpContext.Current.Request.ServerVariables("HOST_NAME") & "/"
HttpContext.Current.Request.ApplicationPath &
"/ClaimantList.aspx?Submit=Search&ClaimantSearch="
& tbSearch.Value.ToString