[thelist] How to simply display referer url in html

Mike Maughan mike.maughan at gmail.com
Fri Jul 6 16:29:35 CDT 2007

Hi all,

(hopefully) a very simple request here ...

I have been reviewing the domains I have registered (too many) and have
decided to try to sell off some of the unwanteds, so I've used the
"redirect" facility at my hosters (dreamhost) to point browsers to a landing
page at my site forsale.bolleaux.com.

At the moment I have a noddy page there but I would like to start to improve
it by at least being able to display the url that sent the browser to my
page, so instead of saying "the domain you clicked on o get here is for
sale" I'd like to say something like "domain.com is for sale", filling in
domain.com from the referer field.

I have done a fair bit of Googling (tm) but so far drawn a blank.

Can I do this at all?  Can anyone point me in the right direction, please?

--
Regards, Mike