[thelist] [OT] shared remote network...?

Tris beertastic at gmail.com
Tue Jul 10 10:01:52 CDT 2007

i've got a bunch of data, that i'd like to share with a few close
pals, and also get to see what they've shared...

is there an app or protocal that i'm missing to allow us to see each
other as if we were all in the same network?

we're all on static IP's and have access to configure firewalls and
routers etc.. but I don't know the terminology to type into google to
learn how to do this, or if we need 3rd party software...
My gut says that Sindoze should do this, but some of us are on XP
home, not Pro...

anyhoo, ideas?

Ta,
Tris...

--
`We are what we pretend to be, so we must be careful what we pretend to be.`
Kurt Vonnegut

`When a person can no longer laugh at himself, it is time for others
to laugh at him.`
Thomas Szasz