[thelist] User-selectible links

Thomas Moore thdomo at gmail.com
Tue Jul 10 11:34:05 CDT 2007

wondering if anyone has a resource or ideas about this: We're in the
middle of rethinking our company Intranet.

One of the big challenges is that different areas of the company are
interested in different resources/apps/areas of the Intranet. Making
the page customizable is the obvious solution, but going for a
complete drag and drop interface is too much for us to handle right
now.

So we were thinking of having a section--like a left hand nav
section--and allowing our users to select the links they want in that
area.

If anyone here has done that, could you give a brief overview of how
it went?  And is there a preferred approach or technology?