[thelist] User-selectible links

Hassan Schroeder hassan.schroeder at gmail.com
Tue Jul 10 11:51:32 CDT 2007

On 7/10/07, Thomas Moore <thdomo at gmail.com> wrote:

> So we were thinking of having a section--like a left hand nav
> section--and allowing our users to select the links they want in that
> area.
>
> If anyone here has done that, could you give a brief overview of how
> it went?  And is there a preferred approach or technology?

Yes, it's called "personalization" and it's a typical feature of canned
portals. Of which there are many :-)

Which ones you evaluate will depend on your budget and platform.
Or you can pretty simply roll your own "customize your page" -- it
certainly doesn't require drag'n'drop, or a full-blown portal approach.

HTH,
Hassan Schroeder ------------------------ hassan.schroeder at gmail.com