[thelist] CSS opacity question

ben morrison morrison.ben at gmail.com
Wed Jul 11 11:49:02 CDT 2007

On 7/11/07, Barney Carroll <barney at textmatters.com> wrote:
> Ben Morrison wrote:
> > This will work, although you may run into problems with how high/wide
> > the <divs> will be - how can you ensure that the background div will
> > be the same size as the content div?
>
> Because their positioning has been specified using identical expressions
> of universally unambiguous css. That's what the whole point of the
> question was.

Using 'universally unambiguous css' how will the background div know
how wide/high it should be so that it will take up the same amount of
space as the foreground (content) div (also consider text resizing)?

Generally we are taking about height as widths are more often used than heights.

> alphaImageLoader, on the other hand, is an MS proprietary function and
> as such will only work on IE (which admitedly cannot do true css opacity
> in version 6).

I added the alphaImageLoader for backwards compatability, since IE6 is
still a huge market share.

ben
--
Ben Morrison