[thelist] AJAX only mailing list

David Kaufman david at gigawatt.com
Wed Jul 11 14:24:09 CDT 2007

Hi Jay,

Jay Blanchard <jblanchard at pocket.com> wrote:
> This is probably much too broad a question given all of the AJAX
> libraries out there, but does anyone know of a really informative AJAX
> mailing list?

The best ones (that I've found) are al particular to a certain AJAX
library or framework:

  Scriptaculous: http://groups.google.com/group/rubyonrails-spinoffs
  & Prototype: http://groups.google.com/group/prototype-core

  jQuery: http://docs.jquery.com/Discussion#Mailing_Lists

  (or "Yahooui, as we who like to tease it call it)

  rico (only seems to have web-based discussion forums):
  http://forum.openrico.org/

  as does mootools: http://forum.mootools.net/

  and the dark horse:
  http://www.zimbra.com/forums/

I'm only on the Prototype and Scriptaculous lists, myself so I can't
attest to the quality of the others.

This JSON list might be interesting, too, since JSON is of interest to
the entire AJAX development community, not just users of a particular
library, language or toolkit:

    Yahoo's JSON group
    http://tech.groups.yahoo.com/group/json/

hth!