[thelist] AJAX only mailing list

Matt Warden mwarden at gmail.com
Wed Jul 11 21:09:18 CDT 2007

On 7/11/07, Christian Heilmann <codepo8 at gmail.com> wrote:
> Ajax in its most basic form means you load content via XMLhttpRequest
> in an asynchronous manner, and that is it. If someone tries to sell
> you interface tricks as Ajax that person is talking rubbish.

Unfortunately, we're not winning that battle. Sure didn't help when MS
came out with their "ajax library":

http://ajax.asp.net/ajaxtoolkit/

Count how many things there are actually ajax.

If crap moves around without a page refresh, it's called ajax. Some of
that .NET "ajax" stuff may even use a postback!

--
Matt Warden
Cincinnati, OH, USA