[thelist] AJAX only mailing list

Jay Blanchard jblanchard at pocket.com
Thu Jul 12 06:52:07 CDT 2007

[snip]
While it is cool to see all these URLs for JS libraries' lists, how
does that relate to Ajax? Ajax is not using a library, and it is also
not about using JSON.

I guess the real question is what do you need to know? Lately there is
a MASSIVE confusion about Ajax.

Ajax in its most basic form means you load content via XMLhttpRequest
in an asynchronous manner, and that is it. If someone tries to sell
you interface tricks as Ajax that person is talking rubbish.

Ajax is a methodology, not a technology or implementation, so it is
tricky to talk a lot about it.

I'd be seriously interested in what you are looking for as I yet have
to write my presentation for @mediaAjax in November in London :)
[/snip]

Chris your thoughts here echo mine, I have been arguing that it was a
methodology but some of the developers who work for me call all of the
flashy, blinky, 'web 2.0' fluff Ajax. Part of my search for an Ajax
mailing list is somewhat tongue-in-cheek (for my developer's sake) and
part is because if there is a discussion on core Ajax I would like to
learn a little more.