[thelist] SOLVED :: ASP.NET / MSSQL2K5 - Intermittent Connection Problems

Jacques Capesius Jacques.Capesius at compellent.com
Wed Jul 18 14:18:35 CDT 2007

<snip>
I have a whole virtual directory off the root web (IIS), and all my
applications in that directory are displaying weird connectivity
problems with the SQL Server 2005 database they're supposed to talk to.

It seems that whenever an application I am hosting in this directory is
forced to recompile, such as when I perform an iisreset, recompile the
code, what-have-you, when I first run the affected applications, I get a
"SQL Server does not exist or access denied" error.

And then, after five to fifteen minutes or so, the applications just...
start connecting again.
</snip>

In case anyone else runs into this same problem, this seems to have been
an internal DNS issue. I changed the server name passed in to the
connection string to an IP Address (something I should have done
anyway), and now everything works fine.