[thelist] including remote/third-party content

Joel D Canfield joel at streamliine.com
Thu Jul 26 16:28:17 CDT 2007

our client's site requires a third-party web tool to be built into their
site. their current site uses frames, allowing the vendor's content to
spill down and over as far as necessary.

I've avoided frames and iframes since about '96, but I'm not aware of
any other way to include someone else's page within our own.

Frames, or iframes? If iframes are better, is scripting the only way to
make the iframe auto-fit the height of the content? although the content
is fairly static, if the user changes the font size, we can't really
know how tall the content will end up, yes?

random ideas welcome; thinking outside the box is encouraged.

thanks

joel