[thelist] Site Check Please

Shawn K. Quinn skquinn at speakeasy.net
Sat Jul 28 20:41:18 CDT 2007

On Thu, 2007-07-19 at 09:54 -0700, Jon Hughes wrote:
> Hey everyone,
>
> I just released my site for my design studio, if anyone is willing, can
> you test it out?
> I'm pretty much looking for visual errors.
> (I tested it in pretty much everything standard on a PC, but no mac or
> linux).

"PC" does not imply "running Windows":
<http://www.gnu.org/philosophy/words-to-avoid.html#PC>. If you mean you
tested in only Windows, that's what you should have said.

(Note also that Linux is not an OS, just a kernel.)

> I would also love any other feedback (if OT, please keep off-list) you
> may offer.  I have plenty of experience with standards and CSS/XHTML and
> usability, but we can all learn more!
>
> http://www.phazm.com/

You assume, repeatedly, that your text will be as small as you suggest,
and this assumption is very much in error on my primary (Firefox on a
GNU variant) computer. Nowhere is this more obvious than the contact
form which, as rendered here, bears an alarming resemblance to a
butterfly ballot out of Florida.

Don't forget the text version of the project specs form. 335K may not
seem like much, but not everyone is on 6Mbps cable modem (or something
bigger).

--
Shawn K. Quinn <skquinn at speakeasy.net>