[thelist] Alternatives to PayPal

Joel D Canfield joel at streamliine.com
Sun Jul 29 10:34:32 CDT 2007

> they just want to pay with their credit card. Having
> to open a
> Paypal account has them leaving, so an alternative is always
> necessary.
>
> Or am I wrong?

I haven't heard that. It isn't as if you have to create an account, then
set up payment as a separate step. You enter the payment amount as you
would on any other online payment, and they use the info to create an
account for you. My guess is that anyone who doesn't want a PayPal
account automatically created for them probably has issues with paying
online anyway. The alternatives you should provide wouldn't be another
online payment, but phone or snail-mail options.

Ah, and here's hoping y'all will take that as the Sunday-morning
theoretical it really is, since I don't have a single dollop of
empirical data to support my opinions in that paragraph.

joel