[thelist] Postcode checker...

Joshua Olson joshua at waetech.com
Wed Aug 1 21:39:17 CDT 2007

Great Circle calculations are very well established and are more accurate
than the simple straight line calculation provided with that post code
database.  The database you mentioned provides lat and lon for each post
code, so you can use any of the many online tools, such as the following, to
confirm your calculation:

http://www.movable-type.co.uk/scripts/latlong.html

Or, if you just want the pseudo-code:

http://www.cs.dartmouth.edu/~akapadia/java/latlon/snippet.html

Joshua

Joshua L. Olson
WAE Technologies, Inc.
http://www.waetech.com/
Phone: 706.210.0168
Fax: 413.812.4864
Private Enterprise Number: 28752

Monitor bandwidth usage on IIS6 in real-time:
http://www.waetech.com/services/iisbm/