[thelist] .NET - using variable as form field value

Anthony Baratta anthony at baratta.com
Wed Aug 1 17:02:21 CDT 2007

Do you have page one posting to page 2?? Or is the form posting to itself?

Basically the receiving form element will have an attribute called runat="server" attached to it and an "id" attribute.

so you end up like this:

<input type="hidden" name="EmpID2" id="EmpID2" runat="server" />

Then in your code just do this:

EmpID2.Value = HttpContext.Current.Response.Form["EmpID"].ToString();