[thelist] Anyone using Python?

Chris Dorer cdorer at gmail.com
Tue Jul 31 08:30:09 CDT 2007

I've made the jump to python from perl and php at my current company.
however I'm still not a big fan of python.

I will tell you, python is fantastic for learning oop structure.  However
you WILL not find an equivalent mvc structure like cakePHP for a language
framework, at least I haven't, in regards to what I demanded.  It seems like
you need to have several different python projects joined together in order
to make a framework for you.

It was I and quite few of my co-workers who have decided to write our own
framework, incorporating cheetah as our templating engine.  It so far has
been the easiest to write and we've been sticking with php-like
frameworks(imo, that's what they are) because it's less to learn, and easier
to maintain.

Python's great, but I still prefer php for web development.

HTH,
Chris