[thelist] OO JS, CSS typography, and a request to present

Charles lists07 at wiltgen.net
Thu Aug 2 21:59:19 CDT 2007

>> That's not true with IE7.  For IE6, my not-very-accommodating
>> feeling is that people who need this feature are already using
>> a better browser.
>
> I agree with you, but you have to understand that not everyone is
> able to/can /upgrade/knows how to/install  IE7 and its still BEST
> practice to use a relative (non px) unit for now....

Pixels ARE relative (see the URL in my previous post), which I believe makes
them technically no better or worse to use than other relative units.

I personally use em's for font sizes since I wouldn't create a site without
using YUI's CSS tools <http://developer.yahoo.com/yui/>, but there's no way
around using px's for line heights unless you like your line height to
change every few lines.  (If you don't see it with the naked eye, measure
your em-based line heights in Photoshop.)

-- Charles