[thelist] losing irritated / arrogant customers off my books

Alex Beston alex.beston at gmail.com
Mon Aug 6 14:24:19 CDT 2007

Joel / evolt

> [...] either way, doing it nice creates less stress in your own life.

Amen, Brother. I will give it a try.

>  yeah, it's all from real-life experience, and the problem client never
> cashed the refund check I sent them, so I think they realized it wasn't
> *us*

Hmm. well good for you.

It seems that to get to the good clients you have to wade through
1000's of utter failures along the way, failures of both myself and
failures of them, mostly not understanding the nature of the product
they are buying. it gets worse: the better you do your job the less
they want to pay for it. it is extremely unintuitive.  you would have
to *know people* as well as your job to succeed at the business you
have chosen. And even if you do know how to run a good business you
still have these failures to handle, the same that you had in the
early days - you just see them coming rather than the other way round.

cheers
Alex

WEB: www.deltatraffic.co.uk
EMAIL: alex.beston at gmail.com
OFFICE: Claremont St, Aberdeen, AB10 6QR