[thelist] losing irritated / arrogant customers off my books

Randal Rust randalrust at gmail.com
Tue Aug 7 06:25:26 CDT 2007

On 8/7/07, Alex Beston <alex.beston at gmail.com> wrote:

> I cant tell him to **** off because 1) I actually quite like him 2)
> Hes good at his job 3) I think he can do a good job for me on the
> relaunch.

OK, so this goes well beyond issues with a client. You want to work
with this guy down the road because you think he can help you improve
your bottom line.

The only way that partnership is ever going to work is if you can
effectively communicate with him on all issues -- including this one.

And one other thing you may want to keep in mind, Alex. If this guy
truly is one of the keys to your future success, then maybe what he's
paying you now really is enough. We have several clients that we bill
lower rates because they will bring us more money over the long-term.

--
Randal Rust
R.Squared Communications