[thelist] losing irritated / arrogant customers off my books

Randal Rust randalrust at gmail.com
Tue Aug 7 10:47:11 CDT 2007

On 8/6/07, Mike Maughan <mike.maughan at gmail.com> wrote:

> Perhaps send him a letter enclosing a level of service statement - with the
> right levels for you - and advising that due to pressure of work (or
> whatever suits your mood) you can no longer offer the current deal ad
> infinitum.

In a situation like this, you need to sit down face-to-face and
acknowledge that neither party is happy. Then you need to figure out
what is the best situation for both - a *win-win*.

>From there, you come up with a solid contract that clearly outlines
what your responsibilities are and also the client's responsibilities.
>From your perspective, the client's main responsibility is to pay you,
and pay you on time. Which is exactly why you send a monthly invoice.

If you have gone above and beyond the normal level of service, or
maintenance, then the contract should include rates for those
additional hours. You can include those with next month's invoice, but
make sure to itemize the additional work so they understand why they
are paying more.

--
Randal Rust
R.Squared Communications