[thelist] hand-coding .NET

Hyperlinkage hyperlinkage at gmail.com
Tue Aug 7 17:44:49 CDT 2007

On 06/08/07, Joel D Canfield <joel at streamliine.com> wrote:
> How 'bout all you .NET gurus - if I'm going down the path of building
> .NET applications for intranets, am I already in the throes of a Greek
> tragedy, being inexorably driven toward GUI-based web dev? Or is it all
> going to turn out okay in the end?

It doesn't really make sense to use anything other than Visual Studio
to create ASP.NET sites.  That said, I never use the "Design" tab in
Visual Studio, only the "Code" view.  I prefer to hand-code, and the
auto-complete feature saves so much time that using a different text
editor would definitely make me feel like a snail.

Tim