[thelist] .NET file downloader: access denied

Anthony Baratta anthony at baratta.com
Wed Aug 8 16:14:56 CDT 2007

If you haven't given the Anonymous IIS Account access, you should. What I meant with Worker Process Account was the IWAM_<server name> account. I transposed the name of this additional dotNet user account with the Worker Process Threads that run with IIS 6+. The IWAM Account is allso called the "IIS Process Account".

Anway - give that account access to the target directory too.

P.S. If you have your IIS Service running under another local or domain account, obvisously give that account access to the location. Lastly, if you forcing users to log into your dotNet application using Windows Authentication then you will probably need to either create a group and add those users to it, or use impersonation to access the file location.