[thelist] microphone software

Joel D Canfield joel at streamliine.com
Thu Aug 9 14:50:42 CDT 2007

> You may want to consider a small digital recorder (like they sell for
> dictation) that will let you transfer audio files to your computer
> rather than buying a mic. You'll probably spend a less money and it
> will be a lot easier. Then use Audacity as was suggested earlier to
> edit the resulting file if necessary.

I use the voice record feature on my iRiver, and Audacity. Remarkably
directional mic on the iRiver. If I set it on the table right in front
of me, but aimed at the Little One, she comes through loud and clear and
I'm a muffled undertone (I have a pretty strong, clear speaking voice,
so muffled undertone ain't my usual sound)

A portable voice recorder also frees you from the laptop, which may not
be necessary, but *can* be nice. Oh, and the iRiver comes in handy even
when I'm not recording voice ;) [I hate unitaskers]

joel