[thelist] SOLVED (was RE: .NET file downloader: access denied (still))

Joel D Canfield joel at streamliine.com
Thu Aug 9 14:57:24 CDT 2007

Short version: GetFullPath is looking for a path *including file name*,
not just the path to the directory *containing* the file.

If you don't provide the file name, you're trying to stream a directory
(or, most likely, a file named exactly like your directory, with no
extension) which doesn't work. Apparently, it throws a permissions
error.

Nothing like a looong bike ride, cold shower, and "I Can See for Miles"
(1) blaring in the headphones to spark my two brain cells into
cooperative activity.

joel

(1) Pete Townshend's solo consists entirely of two notes, played at
varying speeds and rhythms