[thelist] versions of sql & VisualStudio

Anthony Baratta anthony at baratta.com
Thu Aug 9 17:22:44 CDT 2007

For SQL 2005

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/321185

How to determine which version of SQL Server 2005 is running
To determine which version of Microsoft SQL Server 2005 is running, connect to SQL Server 2005 by using SQL Server Management Studio, and then run the following Transact-SQL statement:

SELECT  SERVERPROPERTY('productversion'), SERVERPROPERTY ('productlevel'), SERVERPROPERTY ('edition')

The results are:
•	The product version (for example, "9.00.1399.06").
•	The product level (for example, "RTM").
•	The edition (for example, "Enterprise Edition").

For example, the result looks similar to:
9.00.1399.06	RTM	Enterprise Edition
The following table lists the Sqlservr.exe version number:
Release	Sqlservr.exe

RTM	2005.90.1399
SQL Server 2005 Service Pack 1	2005.90.2047
SQL Server 2005 Service Pack 2	2005.90.3042