[thelist] archiving Horde webmail onto your PC

Shawn K. Quinn skquinn at speakeasy.net
Sun Aug 12 00:37:04 CDT 2007

On Sat, 2007-08-11 at 20:12 +0100, Lisa B McLaughlin wrote:
> Yes, the client wants to file emails away online so they can access
> from
> anywhere.   I suggested gmail.  Any thoughts?  Seems better to me than
> archiving etc.

You mean you (and your client) have never read
<http://www.gmail-is-too-creepy.com>?

It's one thing for Google to access my Usenet and mailing lists posts,
another entirely to trust them with e-mail that is obviously supposed to
remain private.

You (and your client) should at least be aware of the ECPA and what it
says with regards to e-mails over 180 days old.

--
Shawn K. Quinn <skquinn at speakeasy.net>