[thelist] CSS problem with divs

Kevin Stevens kjs at ratking.co.uk
Mon Aug 13 16:06:19 CDT 2007

Apologies if this comes through twice, I still haven't received it after
3 hours

I have finally decided to leave the dark side and start using CSS for
positioning instead of tables. It's going pretty well but I am having a
few problems, particularly the difference between position: absolute and
position: relative, but I'm sure I'll grasp it eventually. I would
appreciate some help on this though. As I understand this (or not, as
the case may be!) I have got a container box, with a background image,
and I place the other divs inside it. This works fine in IE, but in
Firefox the content div does not force the bottom of the container div
down so the background image stops short. Despite IE doing what I think
it should be doing it is leaving a small gap at the bottom of the navbar
div and the position: fixed doesn't work either, although I think this
is a bug in IE.
So, should the container stretch to the size of the div? And where is
the space at the bottom of the navbar coming from in IE? The site in
question is http://www.ratking.co.uk

TIA

--
Kevin Stevens