[thelist] Membership Subscription Software - PHP

Pringle, Ron RPringle at aurora-il.org
Thu Aug 16 10:22:44 CDT 2007

Hi all-

I'm in the process of setting up a site that will include paid business listings. I want people to be able to sign up online, make their payments, add a new listing or edit their existing listing, renew their "subscription", etc.

The site will be running on PHP5/MySQL5 in a hosted environment.

I've found a commercial application called AMember Pro from CGI Central:

http://www.amember.com/

I'm looking for feedback on this product or suggestions for other products, preferably open source and free, but commercial is fine too.

I've not set up a banking account or chosen a payment gateway yet, so that portion is flexible.

Any feedback or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Ron