[thelist] dvd grabber- recommendations?

Martin Burns martin at easyweb.co.uk
Mon Aug 20 07:17:13 CDT 2007

On Mon, 20 Aug 2007 11:14:37 +0100, "A Maynes" wrote:
> How can I reduce the size of a mpeg file so that it maintains it's
> quality?
>
> My camera captures mpegs up to 8mb for less than 30 seconds it's just
> too big to do anything with online

Ah, this is one of those 'How do I get energy for free' type questions.

Essentially, you can't... you'll lose quality with increased compression.
However, you'll maybe be able to lose some filesize without *noticeable*
loss of quality.

This might be good for you:
http://www.elgato.com/index.php?file=products_turbo264

Cheers
Martin

--
"Names, once they are in common use   | Spammers: Send me email to
 quickly become mere sounds, their    | -> yumyum at easyweb.co.uk
 etymology being buried, like so many | my filter. Currently killing over
 of the earth's marvels, beneath the  | 99.9% of all known spams stone dead.
 dust of habit." - Salman Rushdie     | http://nuclearelephant.com/projects/dspam