[thelist] lite eCommerce

Martin Burns martin at easyweb.co.uk
Fri Aug 24 14:30:32 CDT 2007

On 22 Aug 2007, at 13:32, Bob Meetin - www.dottedi.biz wrote:

> I call it lite, anyhow.  Client will be selling downloadable books,
> possibly chapters (they would need to dice and spice).  Any
> recommendations on a less -zealous product than zen-cart or oscommerce
> (or cubecart)?  They are not interested in the likes of paypal or
> google
> checkout.  Gotta be a true solution.

Bob

If you look at the available payment modules (certainly for Zen, and I'd
assume for OSCommerce too), you'll see that you can indeed use
WorldPay or other bank-based merchant service providers.

They all (the merchant services providers) charge an arm and a leg,
and will tie you up in security audit for far too long, which is why
most
Zen-based people use PayPal. But this is a feature of the payment
vehicle, not the cart.

Cheers
Martin

 > http://www.nuclearelephant.com/projects/dspam/