[thelist] Drupal?

Fred Jones fredthejonester at gmail.com
Mon Sep 3 11:39:07 CDT 2007

> Did you try using Wordpress, it is much easier then Drupal, if you need anything
>   special for your site you will need PHP programmer to tweak either of those CMSs
> for your needs.

I would strongly disagree with that aavailable s far as Drupal goes.
With the VERY LARGE base of functionality in add-on modules, the need
for programming is generally extremely limited.

>>  Was wondering what your experience is with using the CMS, Drupal — the good,
>> the bad, the ugly. I am considering using it for a large daily newspaper site
>> and am wondering about its userbility, kinks, limitations, etc.

Drupal is IMO the easiest and most flexible CMS to work with as a
developer. It has an active and helpful user base, it is widespread,
tested, stable, powerful and extremely flexible. There are, of course,
in fact already newspaper sites using it. I would actually be hard
pressed to imagine a feature that you might need that is not already
available. If you have something specific, let us know.

Fred