[thelist] blob data in mssql

Sarah Adams mr.sanders at geekjock.ca
Tue Sep 4 10:04:49 CDT 2007

> I would check the message body field and see if the attachments have
> been converted to to ASCII via base64 encoding or MIME encoding. They
> may be in there versus a separate blob field.

I think maybe this is what's going on. It looks like there was a setting
on the db preventing me from retrieving the full contents of the message
body field. Now that the whole thing is coming through, I see a section
at the end like this:
  ------=_NextPart_000_0197_01C7DE97.575D51B0
followed by a bunch of ascii data. So now it looks like I just need to
parse the body to separate out the actual message body from the
attachments, and then convert the attachments to a usable format.

Thanks so much for the helpful replies!

--
sarah adams
web developer & programmer