[thelist] Software for basic video editing?

Paul Bennett Paul.Bennett at wcc.govt.nz
Tue Sep 4 16:18:35 CDT 2007

Hi Judah,

In my experience, the camera usually comes with this sort of software on an accompanying CD. If you don't have this you may want to check the manufacturer's website and see if they offer a download link or recommend editing software.

Basically you load the data from the camera onto the machine and then use the software to 'edit' the video.

Quality of this software seems to vary greatly. My mother-in-laws Sony has software which manages to be ugly, slow *and* hard to use all at the same time.

My advice would be to get the data off and transform it onto a format that can be used by some decent editing software. From there you can burn it to CD, create DVD's etc.

HTH,
Paul