[thelist] Software for basic video editing?

Brady Mitchell mydarb at gmail.com
Tue Sep 4 19:19:11 CDT 2007

On 9/4/07, Jacques Capesius <Jacques.Capesius at compellent.com> wrote:
> <snip>I'm running XP Pro at the moment but am quite comfortable using
> Linux as
> well, so suggestions on software and tips for either platform would be
> delightful.</snip>
>
> My buddy uses Adobe Premier Elements (USD $99) for his various home
> video projects, and he's pretty happy with it.

I haven't used Premiere Elements, but I can vouch for Premiere
Professional, so I imagine Elements would be a good product for home
users. I used Premiere Professional for my final project in a video
editing class a couple years ago and I found myself wishing we had
been using it all semester!

A couple of free options that you might want to try include:

ZS4 Video Editor
http://www.zs4.net/

Jahshaka
http://www.jahshaka.org/

I haven't used either of them myself, but I've heard good things about both.

Brady