[thelist] Updating a BIG table with a few indexes...

Tris beertastic at gmail.com
Wed Sep 5 10:35:21 CDT 2007

We have 8 million records on our users table.

We want to add 8 indexes to 7 of the 17 columns. we have 2 already...
to do so is taking 9+ hours...

is there an easy (well, quick way) to change a table structure,
without taking so long?

I'm cufuddled...

Tris...

--
Give a man a fish and he'll feed himself for a day.
Give a man a religion and he'll starve to death praying for a fish.

`We are what we pretend to be, so we must be careful what we pretend to be.`
Kurt Vonnegut

`When a person can no longer laugh at himself, it is time for others
to laugh at him.`
Thomas Szasz