[thelist] how to stop email form spam

Erika ekm at seastorm.com
Thu Sep 27 22:57:14 CDT 2007

I have a very simple perl cgi email form on a client's site that about a
year ago started being attacked by spammers. According to my client, the
spam is specifically coming through the form (they have not harvested
his email, it is thru the form itself).  He gets a handful of spam
messages a day, which for him, is too much.

I do not know if I should set up spam assassin for him, or deal with it
via the form (maybe by asking a question?), or both.

I could use perl (current form is perl) or php, but my skills in both
are pretty much limited to customizing scripts other people write...

ugh... what do y'all think I should I do?

Erika