[thelist] how to stop email form spam

Erika ekm at seastorm.com
Fri Sep 28 19:10:35 CDT 2007

-------------------------------
Joel D Canfield wrote:
I've added a text field with a simple, obvious question on each of my
forms (Zeldman uses "Is ice hot or cold?" You can even just say, "Type a
3 here")
-------------------------------

This is actually the solution I was thinking of, and what I'd like to
do.  Here's the problem.  I'm a freakin' idiot. Did I mention my lack of
perl skillz? I got a D in fourth grad math.  Seriously.

I'm pretty sure my mail script is a Matt's formmail...
http://www.scriptarchive.com/

I have managed to round up enough brain cells to customize it, but I do
not know how to deal with this issue in my script.  So what I meant to
ask is, is there anything out there, free, plug and play style, that
would help me ask the person/bot if water is wet or dry, and then check
for the correct response... if not, mail me offlist and tell me how much
would you charge me to fix my script to check if the bot knows whether
ice is hot or grass is green....

Again, I could conceivably opt for a PHP solution instead.

thanks again...

Erika