[thelist] Getting around the 225 character limitation in MS Access

Nancy Johnson nancychristine49 at yahoo.com
Mon Oct 8 08:01:09 CDT 2007

Hi,

I have a small  asp driven non-profit website that has one section that I set up so the content can be updated via a webform.  It is small maybe using 10 entries tops with 3 or 4 fields per entry.

I have used SQL server, however, I would like to change to MS Access as it would cut the webhost cost significantly, the reason I haven't used Access it the past is the 225 character limitation.

Does anyone know of a way to get around the 225 character limitation in Access?

I am mostly a front end developer who knows enough .asp to set up a very simple database structure and use server side includes.  I can also integrate cold fusion and .jsp code into html, however, I couldn't set up a database structure using these.

Nancy Johnson