[thelist] one more PHP question - using a function

Bojan Tesanovic btesanovic at gmail.com
Tue Oct 16 09:22:52 CDT 2007

Wow, well you should first separate HTML  and PHP in your head ;)
Those are completely different things.

lets say that user clicked on 'events.php?id=4'

so user is requesting events.php file with id=4;

let events.php file look like this
<?php

$ID = isset($_GET['id']) ? $_GET['id'] : '';
if( ! is_numeric($ID) ) $ID='';

$info = '';
if($ID){
  $info = GetRaceInfo($ID);
}

$links = '';
$arrayIds = array(1=>'name1' ,3 =>'name3' ,4 ........);
foreach($arrayIds as $id=>$name){
}

//template
$HTML=<<<TPL
<h2>Hello There<h2>

Available events
$links

<h3>bye</h3>
TPL;

echo $HTML;

function GetRaceInfo($id){
  return $info;
}
?>

So eny request to events.php with or without ID will print possible links for events
and if ID is present in URL it will call GetRaceInfo function and print $info
above links

--
Bojan Tesanovic
http://www.classicio.com/