[thelist] html div

Darrell King darrellgking at gmail.com
Thu Oct 18 08:00:52 CDT 2007

Don't hurt yourself trying to make layouts that exactly mimic table
layouts! There are issues involved with getting that footer to span
the page like the bottom row of a table. CSS didn't take that into
account when it was coded, so you could get a headache is you try to
conform to a variable-height layout of that type. Branch out from your
old habits and explore the new possibilities of CSS, such as
overlapping divs and the potential of positioning.

I wrote the above because I had my own headaches trying to make CSS
imitate table layouts. It was simply the wrong mindset to cling to.
Next is a more helpful response, a link to some layout examples:

http://www.glish.com/css/

Thanx,