[thelist] Newbie question... SQL

kasimir-k kasimir.k.lists at gmail.com
Wed Oct 24 07:39:53 CDT 2007

Tigdh Glesain scribeva in 24/10/2007 12:51:
> Is there an SQL download available for Mac OS X that allows me to set
> up a database to allow me to learn to use PHP and CMS protocol?
>
> I hope that question makes sense...

Well, it almost makes sense :-)

I've never heard about a protocol called CMS - usually CMS in web
context refers to Content Management System.

SQL is a language used with relational database management systems
(RDBMS), an example of such system is MySQL.

To use PHP and MySQL, you'll need a web server, e.g. Apache.

An easy way to get these three (Apache, PHP, MySQL) running on OS X is
MAMP <http://www.mamp.info/>.

.k