[thelist] Why do we say what we say?

Stephen Rider evolt_org at striderweb.com
Thu Oct 25 11:42:40 CDT 2007

Regarding including CSS:

Despite caching, you are (apparently) sometimes better off adding CSS
inline because of the slowdown caused by HTTP requests.  More info here:

<http://developer.yahoo.com/performance/rules.html#num_http>

As you can use SSI or PHP or whatever to add stuff in, I have started
using such methods any time I have to add a _small_ bit of CSS (or
JS) to a particular set of pages.  For my full-boat stylesheet, I
still @include as usual.

On Oct 25, 2007, at 11:32 AM, Jon Hughes wrote:

> Wait a sec... are you saying I shouldn't be using <blearg> anymore?

Well _I_ do, but it only works in Safari.  ;)

Stephen Rider