[thelist] it's intellectual, but is it property? (was RE: GNU / GPL)

Joel D Canfield joel at streamliine.com
Fri Oct 26 10:36:09 CDT 2007

> In other words the law has developed for reasons which owe more
> to feudalism than logic and we cannot escpae the dead hand of
> history </g>

a thing to keep in mind, I daresay

as cap'n ron points out elsewhere, the venue of speech matters a lot -
if I'm having a legal discussion with Shawn, we'd both better use
legally correct terminology. but if I'm having a friendly chat with
cap'n ron about helping him move, then he'll understand why I'm carrying
the intellectual property while he carries the real property . . .

joel