[thelist] Google Analytics and security

ftarzwell at fayec.com ftarzwell at fayec.com
Tue Oct 30 10:11:10 CDT 2007

Hi,

I work for a large company with a small web design team and budget.
So far we don't have access to any sort of web stats for any of the public
sites.
I started some research on Google analytics to track user behaviour,
browser, colours, OS stats, etc.
My only concern is that our security team is extremely paranoid and will
not allow scripts that pose risk to the server security on any of the
pages.
Does anybody know if the Google Analytics script causes vulnerabilities
that would make it be refused for use on a public financial site?

Thank you in advance,

FayeC