[thelist] Free *Quality* Excel Book Download

Luther, Ron Ron.Luther at hp.com
Tue Nov 6 11:14:15 CST 2007

Hi Gang,

Slightly askew but perhaps not completely off-topic since a number of Excel questions _do_ surface here from time to time.

My old buddy, TechTV (Canada) star, and author of multiple Excel books; Bill Jelen, is offering the latest edition of his 'Learn Excel from MrExcel' book as a free no-registration-required (16Mb) pdf download.

Bill is a genuinely good guy.  I own dead tree copies of a couple of his books, including the last edition of this one. [1]

It's a very useful book.  I know Excel pretty well and I still picked up a couple of new tricks that I actually use every day -- not wacky once in a blue moon kind of things.

Here is the link:
http://www.mrexcel.com/preview12097.html

>>Why am I giving away the book? It is great marketing.
>>99% of the people will use the tips in the book and 1%
>>will actually buy the print copy of the book. I get the
>>advantage of selling more print books and knowing that a
>>lot of people are having less frustration with Excel.
>>It is a win-win all around.

HTH,
RonL.

[1] Yes, I *did* pay.  Well, I expensed it back to my employer.  That's the same thing, right?