[thelist] How to pick a Security Certificate

Fred Jones fredthejonester at gmail.com
Tue Nov 6 12:02:47 CST 2007

Today there are a myriad of companies offering a myriad of SSL Certs
with a slew of various options and prices. I remember once upon a time
that buying an SSL was pretty simple--you just buy it.  :)

I don't know what all these options are, but my guess is that the
cheapest ones must somehow not be worth anything, yet that the big
companies may not be necessary either. GoDaddy seems also to sell, along
with the big companies like verisign and thawte.

I just want a 'normal' simple cert for a modest site so we can take CC
numbers on our store. That's all.

Any advice?

Thanks!