[thelist] IE6 .png transparency fix for CSS Backgrounds?

Ken Snyder kendsnyder at gmail.com
Wed Nov 7 09:33:36 CST 2007

Jon Hughes wrote:
> Howdy List,
>
> I have used a few different .png transparency fixed for IE6, from the .htc
> to javascript, but I cannot for the life of my find one that works with CSS
> backgrounds:
>
> e.g.
>
> #mydiv {
> Background-image:url(grafx/transparent.png);
> }
>
> Can anyone refer me to something that would make this work?

I've used this before: http://www.twinhelix.com/css/iepngfix/ but beware
of IE limitations: with an alpha filter on a background png you can't
control background-position or background-repeat.  It will always be
"top left" and "repeat"  You might also check out IE7.js by Dean
Edwards: http://dean.edwards.name/IE7/overview/

BTW, I think you may have to do "background-image" with a lowercase "b".

- Ken Snyder