[thelist] "Rotate" div + contents in non-IE browser

ben morrison morrison.ben at gmail.com
Tue Nov 13 11:22:04 CST 2007

On Nov 13, 2007 5:12 PM, Jon Hughes <hughesj at firemtn.com> wrote:
> I am making an application for a phone, and need it to be landscape
> view, not portrait.
>
> I already have it done in HTML/CSS, but (as a lack of foresight on my
> behalf) I didn't think about how it would show up on the handheld
> device.

> Essentially, just rotating the entire content 90 degrees
> counter-clockwise.

You'll have to forgive my ignorance when it comes to mobile
application support, but could I ask a few questions?

non-IE browser - which browser or rather Mobile platform is your
application for?

>From my limited knowledge, CSS and in fact HTML support is very poor
when it comes to mobile phones - are you developing for only one
particular mobile device - such as an iPhone....

Can you explain why you have to rotate the contents - I would have
thought that layout is generally done by widths - which can
accommodate different sizes.

When you say Application - is this something that is installed on the
device or a website?

ben
--
Ben Morrison